Kambo is an ancient amazonian ceremony in which the venom from the giant green tree frog (phyllomedusa bicolour) is applied to burn marks on the skin. The treatment was traditionally used by hunters in the amazon to increase visual aquity, hearing, endurance, stamina and overall health.
After being applied to the burn wound, the venom enters the blood stream and quickly causes an increase in heart rate, sweating, nausea and purging. The unpleasant intense effects last 20 minutes-1 hour. After the treatment wears off, indivduals report amazing lasting health benefits that come on 1-2 days after the treatment.

The venom of the giant green tree frog has been scientifically studied and found to have over 100 identified polypeptide chain molecules in the cocktail. Many of them have opioid activity as well as vessel dialators and adenosine active compounds. Scientists have isolated some compounds from the venom such as dermorphin and deltorphin as well as Phyllokinin and phyllomedusin and are studying them for their antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic applications in medicine.

Below is a video blog from founder Caitlin Thompsons first Kambo ceremony.

 

Video of 2nd Kambo Ceremony:Violent Reaction

Video of 3rd Kambo Ceremony: Recap of 3 ceremonies

About the Author:

Caitlin Thompson founded EntheoZen in January 2014. After dealing with her own struggle with depression and anxiety, she applied her biology education and agressively researched neuroscience literature trying to find answers for why her brain seemed to be "sick". After lots of scientific papers, neuroscience conferences, online courses and relentless effort to learn, she designed a line of products suitable for promoting optimal brain health, and supporting a balanced mind and body.

2 Comments

  1. Nyanna May 15, 2016 at 12:29 pm - Reply

    Hi Elizabeth! You should be safe. I’ve certainly never run into anybody in there. The area is decent enough, so just keep your head about you and you should be fine. I wou#dn&l8217;t specifically recommend going into any place like this alone just in case something goes horribly wrong, but I know plenty of people who have gone solo in worse places and came out fine.Most likely, most dangerous thing you’ll run into would be some mold. The place is pretty damp.

  2. Tom February 20, 2017 at 7:14 pm - Reply

    Thank you for sharing. I have Lyme and was nervous about the die off. Now I will do the ceremony!!

Leave A Comment

Join Our Newsletter!