TransZen is the fastest, natural way that you can nourish the biological basis of a happy mood.
With 17 all-natural ingredients, TransZen gives your body everything that it needs to feel great.
We are now offering TransZen on Amazon. Prime members get free 2-day delivery and you can save up to 10% by creating a monthly subscription.
Meet the Microbes!
- Plantarum is a lactid acid producing bacteria. It is commonly found in plant matter and fermented foods. L. Plantarum PS128 creates neurotransmitters serotonin, dopamine and acetylcholine as a metabolite byproducts. L. Plantarum has been observed in studies to reduce depression-like behavior in those with early-life stress. L. Plantarum PS128 is also known for regulating the stress hormone, cortisol through the HPA (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal-axis), normalizing the stress response system. Studies suggest that L. plantarum C29 may improve memory due to the acetylecholine production. Studies have also shown that L. plantarum C29 can mediate the release of pro-inflammatory molecules called cytokines, as well as reduce the amount of LPS endotoxin in the gut by promoting intestinal flora balance.
- Helveticus is a probiotic species that has been extensively studied for it’s effects on mood and stress. When compared to the SSRI citalopram, L. helveticus NS8 worked better than the drug in reducing chronic stress-induced depression, anxiety, and cognitive dysfunction. L. Helveticus R0052 reduced cortisol levels and returned serotonin and other brain chemicals to normal levels after the stress by regulating the HPA axis (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal) stress response. There is evidence that strains of L. Helveticus may decrease neuroinflammation.
- longum 1714 has been observed to reduce anxiety-like behavior, improve mood in anxious animal models, improve cognitive performance, and reduce cortisol levels and mitigate the effects of stress.
- acidophilus is a widely used probiotic species from the Lactobacillus genus. The name is based on the latin translation of acid-loving, milk-bacillus. L. acidophilus is a gram positive bacteria that plays a foundational role in the human gut, mouth and vaginal microbiome. It grows best in acidic environments with a pH of lower than 5, and is often used to culture dairy products such as yoghurt and kefir.
Research of certain strains of L. acidophilus suggest that it can contribute to upregulating CB2 endocannabinoid and mu-opioid receptors in the gut, leading to improved mood and resilience to stress. It has also shown promise in inhibiting the cell adhesion of Campylobacter jejuni, a bacteria associated with poor gut health in humans and the ability to cause anxiety behavior in mice.
- coagulans is a spore-forming bacteria that is soil-based. The Baccilus species are notoroious for their ability to survive heat, stomach acid, and transport and colonize effectively in the human gut. Like B subtilis, B coagulans has been observed to increase the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut, as well as increase anti-inflammatory cytokines. Baccilus species are like the composers, while the other beneficial bacteria are the orchestra. B coagulans supports a healthy balance of intestinal microbes, promoting a healthy immune system, nervous system, and digestion.
- rhamnosus R0011 was found to normalize anxiety-like behavior and learning and memory deficits in immune-deficient mice with HPA (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis dysfunction. studies.) L. Rhamnosus JB-1 was found to alter the mRNA expression of both Gaba A and GABA B receptors, creating implications for it’s role in alleviate anxiety and depression.
B subtilis is spore-forming species that is known for colonizing and proliferating effectively in the human gut. They are soil based organism that are known for surviving heat, transport, and stomach acid. B subtilis spores can survive up to 6 years in space! Studies suggest that the presence of B. subtilis can normalize gut dysbiosis, especially after antibiotic use. Other studies has shown that B. subtilis causes an increase in BNDF (brain-derived-neurotrophic-factor) promoting regeneration and repair of brain cells and neuronal structures such as dendrites and synapses. It also has been found to alleviate oxidative stress, which is a huge driver in neuroinflammation.
B subtilis has been used in livestock extensively as an alternative to antibiotics. It has been observed to increase growth of beneficial bacteria such as bifidobacteria and L. acidophilus, while reducing pathogenic bacteria such as clostridium and H. pylori.
- brevis is a probiotic that is very effective at converting glutamate into GABA, promoting a healthy balance of neurotransmitters. Increased GABA can be effective for reducing anxiety and boosting mood. In a study comparing L. brevis FPA3709 to fluoxetine, L. brevis was equally effective but did not create the side-effects that came with fluoxetine.
Bifidobacteria animalis lactis
Formerly known as L. infantis, L animalis lactis 35624 was found to increase serum levels of tryptophan, a precursor to serotonin. A reduction is depressive-like behaviors were observed and was comparable to the SSRI drug citalopram. Researchers observed modulation of serotonin and dopamine transmission, as well as an anti-inflammatory effect.
- casei Shirota strain has been studied for it’s effects on reducing anxiety. In a study using stressed medical students as subjects, L. casei (LcS) prevented stress-related cortisol increase and increased serotonin levels. It was also found to reduce anxiety in patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. L casei (LcS) also appears to promote the growth of lactobaccilus and Bifidobacteria species in the gut, as well as inhibiting the growth of some pathogenic bacteria such as H. pylori.
- breve shows clinical evidence for reducing anxiety and improving cognitive performance. It also inhibits and prevents the growth of pathogenic organisms such as candida albicans (yeast) and certain strains of E. coli. A deficiency of B breve was found to be associated with allergies, flatulence, diarrhea and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
A randomized controlled trial to test the effect of multispecies probiotics on cognitive reactivity to sad mood.
Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium Ameliorate Memory and Learning Deficits and oxidative stress in Aβ (1-42) Injected Rats.